Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What a Morning!

Black dots with miniature wings flew high

above my head that was beginning to appreciate

the coolness of the breeze against the hot sweat

that trickled freely through my hair and down my back.

Toward a round gray twig set to snap under my shoe,

toward the velvet softness of the newly mown grass as it covered the

dun-colored patches of hard bumpy soil that kept

peeking through like beggars, seeking the verdant

covering of the rest of the lawn.

Baby oak tree leaves clustered in their new-leaf

greenness and peered through amber clumps of seeds

whose pollen covered a black van a yellowish green

and made my nose itch and my eyes water.

As I looked Heavenward, a tree cut into a Y

allowed black wires to snake freely through it and down the street;

it stood out against an azure sky

decorated by cloud-like snowy feathers on a war bonnet.

Down the street, a tamed white Bobcat thrust its four ebon claws

out away from its yellow cage, looking like it

wanted to rest in the shade from our building,

shade that was quickly turning emerald green to forest.

What a morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment